Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Of D90 & Little Jenelle

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my beloved D40 for some time... weeks to be exact, ever since the day we went shooting during the Chinese Heritage & Cultural Celebration downtown early this month. I'm always attracted to a bigger, bulkier, longer (lens I mean) camera. It gives some sort of satisfaction owning one. So 2 weeks ago, I decided to put my D40 up for sale with an asking price of 1.1k. I figured losing 300 bucks after 4 months of usage is reasonable. The replacement? The brand new Nikon D90!

Offers came in but the highest it could fetch was RM950. Finally on Thursday, I decided I'll let it go for that price. Arrangement was made with the buyer to handover the cam the next day. Somehow that day however, I decided to check out on the trade-in value from another store (previous store offered RM900). To my surprise this shop offered 1.1k(!) plus RM400 for my old Canon EF 75-300mm lens. Cool! The D90 costs 3.9k and that's a pretty standard price on all 3 stores that I've checked - which means.. a balance of only 2.5k more to pay! Needless to say, I called up the buyer and cancelled the deal ;)

I purchased my D90 on Saturday at the shop Keith recommended (Mega Star). The camera definitely felt sturdy - bulkier & heavier. Total price was slightly over 4k with a CPL filter. I'm finally the proud owner of a brand new Nikon D90!! Feeling ecstatic, I headed to G Hotel to try out my new toy... and it must be a lucky day for little Jenelle to have the priviledge for being the very first model shot on this cam. Isn't she lovely?
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment